SCHEDULE A YOUNG PEOPLE'S BUDGET WORKSHOP FOR YOUR SCHOOL
What is a YPB workshop?
• Youth play the ‘People’s Budget’ game to determine their budget priorities.
• Youth get information about the CPS budget process + their own school budget.
• Workshop length can range from 1-2 hours in length (we’ll adapt it to your needs!).
Why host a YPB workshop?
• We’ll bring a pizza party to your class, club, or community group.
• We’ll bring the facilitators, including youth trainers, to lead the activity.
• Every youth who participates gets $20 for their time!
What do you need to do?
We have space for several more workshops, between now and October 14th — don't hesitate to schedule! The sooner the better! Our priority is to engage with high school aged students of neighborhood CPS schools but we encourage anyone interested to reach out.
After the workshop series, youth will be invited to join in ongoing advocacy efforts to achieve greater equity in the CPS budget process — with additional honorariums available.